Since 2001, AIPN has sponsored a student writing competition. The competition is open to all full-time seniors in a four-year program and all graduate students enrolled at an accredited university in either the Fall 2018 or Spring 2019 semesters. Essays should be an original work of editorial length (no more than 4,000 words, excluding footnotes) on any specific issue of the student’s choice which is directly related to international petroleum negotiations, such as matters of contract, law or policy.
All essays must be submitted to AIPN by email no later than November 12, 2018.
The 2018-2019 award includes:
- One winner will receive registration to either the AIPN International Petroleum Summit and its related evening events, to be held in Houston, Texas in Spring 2019 or the Model Contracts Workshop to be held in the Fall (location still pending).
- Roundtrip, advance booking coach ticket to the conference city
- $300 expense reimbursement, for expenses incurred directly relating to this conference and supported by receipts
- Standard lodging at the conference location during the conference, and
- Student membership in AIPN for one year.
We hope that you will consider taking part in this year’s competition! For questions, please email email@example.com.