EA Chapter Event "Arbitration Strategy and Funding"
Wednesday, October 18, 2017 (5:30pm - 8:30pm Europe/London)
Addleshaw Goddard LLP
Milton Gate 60
London EC1Y 4AG
• Tim Mayer, Senior Investment Officer, Therium Litigation Funding
• Leslie Perrin, Chairman, Calunius Capital
• Matthew Amey, Director, TheJudge
• Ania Farren, International Arbitration Partner, BLP
• Panel Chair: Sarah Vasani, Partner, Head of Investor State Arbitration, Addleshaw Goddard
Join the Europe-Africa Chapter for a panel discussion on "Arbitration Strategy and Funding". The last several years have witnessed a tremendous increase in the participation of third-party funders in both international commercial and investor-state arbitration. Now more than ever, claimants are seeking external funding, either because they lack the necessary funds to commence arbitration proceedings or because they want to sustain cash-flow and offset the risk of uncertain arbitration outcomes. The panel will discuss the hotly debated topics associated with third-party funding and provide an update on the latest funding products in the market.
Registration will begin at 5:30 p.m., with the panel discussion at 6:00 p.m., followed by a networking drinks reception at 7:00 p.m.
Registration is complimentary for members, non-members, and students. Please register online as spaces are limited.
Special thanks to event-sponsor: