Endorsed Event: Petroleum Institute of Thailand Short Training Course in Upstream Oil & Gas Law
Sunday, May 20 - Tuesday, May 22, 2018
Centara Grand at Central Plaza Ladprao
Vichai Taranajesda, Former E&P Senior Advisor, Petroleum Institute of Thailand
Prof. Dr. Thitisak Boonpramote, Faculty of Engineering, Chulalongkorn University
Prof. Owen Anderson, University of Texas School of Law
Prof. John Lowe, SMU DedmanSchool of Law
Albert Chandler, Senior Counsel, Chandler MHM Ltd.
Daniel Reinbott/Jon Ornolfsson, Partners, Ashurst, Singapore
Michael E. Arruda, Baker Botts, Hong Kong
Nicholas J. Fulford, Global Head of Gas and LNG Gaffney, Cline & Associates, U.S.A.
Sakchai Sae-Seai, Asset Retirement Project, Chevron Thailand Exploration & Production Ltd.
The Petroleum Institute of Thailand (PTIT) is pleased to offer a specialized training course in upstream oil and gas law, economics and contracts, with Chandler MHM Ltd. (CMHM) as a sponsor. The course is based on the successful curriculum offered jointly with the Law Faculty of Chulalongkorn University and is endorsed by AIPN. Course materials will be presented as lectures and exercises by internationally renowned legal experts, industry practitioners and law school professors, covering the fundamentals and current developments in the upstream oil and gas industry, petroleum fiscal system framework, upstream legal issues and agreements, and petroleum economics and taxation.
In addition to discussion of current international oil and gas subjects, AIPN model form contracts and impacts of fracking, oil prices and climate change initiatives, there will be discussion of current Thailand specific issues, for examples, end of concession issues such as asset transfer agreement and decommissioning and overlapping claims area.
The course is designed specifically for legal professionals, petroleum engineers, negotiators, economists, commercial and financial managers and government officials & regulators from ASEAN and newly developing countries. Attendees will benefit from the most recent updates on world and ASEAN oil & gas and relevant legal issues and implications by world-renowned lecturers and Thai experts, as well as an opportunity to discuss and exchange insight on legal and policy matters. Certificates of Achievement will be given to attendees satisfying course requirements.
Participation is limited to 40 attendees.
Current Thailand Issues (short summary)
Fundaments of Petroleum Exploration & Production
World and ASEAN Updates on Oil & Gas Industry
- World energy distribution & outlook
- Industry life cycle/Technology overview and fracking
- World oil prices update
- Climate change initiatives
- ASEAN integration
Updates on LNG import projects/Thailand and Myanmar
Upstream Legal Issues and Agreements
- Association of International Petroleum Negotiators (AIPN)
- AIPN Model Form Contracts
Petroleum Fiscal System Frameworks
- Comparison of major host government’s fiscal system and the administrative structure and types of contracts and contract design – petroleum concessions, PSCs, RSCs,
- Key provisions in host government contracts regardless of form
- Highlights of regimes in Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, Thailand, Brazil and Mexico
Drafting Agreements and Working with Model Form Contracts
- Drafting oil & gas agreements and use of AIPN model form contracts
- Pre-contractual documents
- Project financing in ASEAN
- Confidentiality, study and bidding, operating, farm out
Current Thailand Issues
- 2017 amendments to Petroleum Act and Petroleum Income Tax Act
- End of concession issues: asset transfer agreement, decommissioning
- Overlapping claims area
International Upstream Legal and Policy Issues
- Liabilities & indemnities and Macondo
- Corruption and EITI
- Environment and social issues
- End of concession issues: asset transfer agreement, decommissioning, rigs-to-reefs
- LNG receiving terminals/gas sales contracts
Click here for more information and to register.
AIPN is informing you of this event on the basis that it may be relevant and of potential interest to you, however this is not an AIPN-organized event. The views expressed at this event do not necessarily represent the views of the AIPN or any of its Members and the AIPN disclaims any liability whatsoever in this regard.