Despite the challenges of COVID-19, AIPN is fully committed to educating and connecting our members while hosting safe events. The well-being of our attendees is our top priority so we will follow all required health and safety policies and social distancing practices advised by the hotel and applicable authorities. We will continue to monitor and assess the developments of the COVID-19 pandemic and provide updates here as appropriate.
For the upcoming Above Ground Risk Workshop, both the hotel and AIPN will be taking certain measures to ensure a safe experience for all attendees. Please click here for a more thorough look at The Houstonian’s safety measures and their coronavirus update. The following measures will be in place during the workshop:
- Masks or face coverings will be in compliancy with hotel, local, state and federal requirements and recommendations.
- The hotel will continue daily cleaning and protocols that meet Environmental Protection Agency guidelines. The hotel has also installed a revolutionary technology within their ventilation system which fights pathogens and provides safer, cleaner air.
- Complimentary face masks and hand sanitizers will be provided to all attendees.
- Sanitizer stations will be provided in the meeting room and at the registration table.
- Larger meeting room and socially distanced seating and tables will be used.
Please note that AIPN will follow all health and safety practices mandated by the host hotel and by applicable federal, state, and local authorities. The above measures may change by the time of the course, and we will update this information as available.
We kindly ask that you refrain from attending this event if any of the following apply to you:
- Close Contact: If you have had close contact (meaning shared living quarters or a total of 15 minutes within 6 feet) in the past 14 days with anyone who is lab-confirmed to have COVID-19. For fully-vaccinated persons, please comply with the CDC and other health authorities’ guidance if you have had a close contact*.
- Self-Quarantine: If you have been required or instructed as of the date of the event to self-quarantine by any local, state, or federal authorities.
- Symptoms of Possible COVID-19: If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms on the date of the event:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
If you will be traveling internationally to attend the workshop or have traveled internationally within 14 days prior to the workshop, please review the CDC’s international travel recommendations.
It is our expectation that all guests at the Above Ground Risk Workshop will adhere to all health & safety requirements, engage in appropriate physical distancing, and respect the health and well-being of those around them.
Please don’t hesitate to contact John Bridges (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions or concerns. We look forward to seeing you at the workshop!
*The CDC’s recent guidance to fully-vaccinated persons revises the guidelines with respect to close contacts, providing that “you do not need to stay away from others or get tested unless you have symptoms.”