September 11-14, 2018
Hotel Talisa | Vail, Colorado, USA
Online registration for the AIPN Model Contracts Workshop is now closed. Onsite registration will be available. Please email email@example.com with questions.
Join us at the 2018 Model Contracts Workshop being held in Vail, Colorado!
This year’s workshop agenda includes interactive sessions targeted at experienced negotiators, focused on both substantive issues and drafting status of various AIPN contracts:
- Upcoming updated revision:
- International Farmout Agreement, revision of 2004 model
- Models in development:
- Asset Purchase and Sale Agreement
- International Drilling Contract and Service Agreements
- Unitization and Unit Operating Agreement (UUOA), revision of 2006 model
- Commonly used models:
- International Joint Operating Agreement (2012)
- Study and Bid Agreement (2006), and
- Gas related agreements
- A comparative review of Accounting Procedures for:
- International Joint Operating Agreement,
- Unitization and Unit Operating Agreement, and
- Unconventional Resources Operating Agreements.
In addition, the workshop program will feature sessions examining:
- How continued geopolitical changes may impact the context for negotiating agreements within the oil & gas industry,
- The most heavily negotiated issues in model contracts, such as financial assurance, indemnities, representations & warranties,
- If and how E&P contracts are being affected by the low carbon emission requirements,
- Recent developments and trends in common law vs civil law in model contracts, and for the first time,
- A session on the full suite of E&P contracts and AIPN models, providing a detailed status update on each model and seeking attendee feedback on models AIPN should consider updating and/or developing in the near future.
Torgeir Løland, Vice President Commercial, Negotiation & Access, Exploration Strategy & Business Development, Statoil ASA
Kelly Ripley, NBD and Commercial Advisor (Gulf of Mexico, Exploration), Shell Offshore Inc.
Continuing Education Credits
AIPN is an accredited sponsor approved by the State Bar of Texas Committee on MCLE. A maximum of 14 MCLE credit hours will be awarded based on individual attendance for the 2018 Model Contracts Workshop.