October 6 - 9, 2019
Address Boulevard Hotel | Dubai, UAE
Join us at the 2019 Model Contracts Workshop being held in Dubai, UAE!
This year’s workshop agenda includes interactive sessions targeted at experienced negotiators, focused on both substantive issues and drafting status of various AIPN contracts.
Roll-out of new model contract:
- International Farmout Agreement (2019), revision of 2004 model
Working sessions on new models in development:
- International Joint Operating Agreement (2012 revision) – expected release in 2022
- Asset Purchase and Sale Agreement (new model) – expected release in 2019-2020
- Unitization and Unit Operating Agreement (2006 revision) – expected release in 2019-2020
- Area of Mutual Interest Agreement (new model) – expected release in 2019-2020
- International Drilling Contract (new model) – expected release in 2019-2020
In addition, the workshop will include the following sessions based on member feedback:
- An overview of the full suite of AIPN’s 20+ model contracts, examining what each model contract covers, when you can use them and how they can make your (negotiating) life easier
- The most common drafting issues across AIPN’s contracts used in the Middle East
- Proposals for new models under consideration, such a Guidebook on Host Government Contracts, new Natural Gas contracts, CO2 Transport and Storage Agreement, among others
- Status updates on each of AIPN's models and discussions with workshop participants regarding the models AIPN should consider updating and/or developing in the near future
Kelly Ripley, Asset Commercial Lead - Shell Iraq, Shell Exploration and Production Company
Omar El Fahel, Partner, KFN Legal
Mark Snell, General Counsel, ExxonMobil Iraq Services Limited
Continuing Education Credits
AIPN is an accredited sponsor approved by the State Bar of Texas Committee on MCLE. The number of MCLE credit hours awarded for the Model Contracts Workshop are still being determined.