Washington D.C. Sub-chapter of US Chapter
Power Breakfast Series "Helping the World Gasify"
8:00 - 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, October 1, 2019
Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP, Columbia Center | 1152 15th Street, N.W., Washington, D.C. 20005
Dustin Meyer, Policy Advisor, Global Gas & LNG, API Market Development
Alexander Huurdeman, Senior Expert Oil & Gas, World Bank
Giji John, Partner, Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe
Join the Washington DC Sub-chapter for the fourth presentation of its 2019 Power Breakfast Series "Helping the World Gasify" on October 1. This series covers a range of topics giving attendees a broader understanding of the global oil and gas industry and provides networking opportunities for professionals in the private and government sectors.
The IEA published its “Golden Age of Gas” report in 2011. Eight years later, the macro projections of gas use (and reduction of coal dependence) have played out according to this forecast. However, the benefits of natural gas development and use include environmental improvements, an affordable, flexible & secure energy supply, and downstream economic diversification potential. Yet these have not accrued evenly throughout the world over this period. We will discuss topics like:
- Which countries have benefited and which have not during this golden age?
- Will new US and other international LNG projects create opportunities for more countries to acquire gas supplies for their primary energy needs?
- Will US experience in the development of shale/tight resources be replicated internationally?
- Can the wasteful practice of Associated Gas flaring be stopped in favor of beneficial uses for this gas?
- What commercial and financial frameworks exist today, and what is needed for more widespread global gas use?
The presentations will be followed by a panel discussion moderated by Robert Lesnick, founding member of AIPN's Washington DC Sub-chapter, and Q&A with the audience.
Registration is complimentary for members and non-members. Please register online as space is limited.
Special thanks to event-sponsor: