Live Webinar: "Distinguished Negotiators - A Virtual Event"
4:00 p.m. CST (UTC -6) Thursday, November 12, 2020 - The webinar will last 1.5 hours (inclusive of Q&A)
Jacqueline Weaver, Professor of Law Emeritus, University of Houston Law Center
Ken Culotta, Retired Partner, King & Spalding
Philip Weems, Retired Partner, King & Spalding
Moderator: Vera de Gyarfas, Partner, Mayer Brown; AIPN US Chapter Regional Director
Please join us for our tenth annual Distinguished Negotiators event, this year presented virtually! Each year, the US Chapter assembles a trio of experienced and well-seasoned negotiators who have agreed to share their experiences, wisdom, and lessons learned, as well as an interesting story (or two) from their past. Drawing on many years of experience as international negotiators, this panel of negotiators will take questions from the audience and will address such questions as:
- How/why did you start in the international oil and gas business?
- What has been the most challenging country and/or environment you’ve worked in?
- What would you describe as your greatest success? And your biggest disappointment?
- What was your most interesting experience away from the negotiating table while traveling?
- What would be your career advice to young(er) lawyers and/or commercial persons entering this part of the business?
- What skills helped you the most? Are there any skills you thought important that turned out not to be or vice versa?
- If you had it all to do again, what would you change/do differently?
Grab a glass of wine or your favorite drink and logon for this engaging, entertaining, and educational virtual event!
Please note this virtual event will not be recorded.
Registration is complimentary for members and $5 for non-members. Please register at the link to the right. Login details will be provided via email on November 11.